Archer started in the 1840's as a frontier village named Deer Hammock or Darden's Hammock. By 1858, the Florida Railroad reached the village. The site of the town was shifted eastward, and christened Archer, after James T. Archer, Florida's first Secretary of State (1845-49). The first trains stopped in Archer in 1859.
Archer is located in the southwest corner of Alachua County on gently rolling hammock land.
SW 134th Ave, Archer, Florida, 32618