*Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to the Fun4GatorKids Blog to get an update every time a new blog is published!*
Fun4GatorKids has planned an exciting month-long Photo Scavenger Hunt for families in the Gainesville area! Below is a list of 30 fun and family-friendly destinations you can visit with your family!
Here's how you play:
1. Pick at least 10 stops you want to visit. At each stop, take a picture, upload it to Facebook, and tag 'Fun4GatorKids!' Want to visit more than 10 stops? GREAT! Each picture gets you an extra entry into the GRAND PRIZE drawing! *IMPORTANT UPDATE* Facebook isn't letting us see some of the pictures you've tagged us in! Please post the pictures to the Fun4GatorKids Facebook page so we don't miss them!
2. Once you've visited a minimum of 10 stops, create a picture album on Facebook with all your stops, and tag 'Fun4GatorKids' so we can see ALL of the fun you've had! The final album is required! *IMPORTANT UPDATE* Facebook isn't letting us see some of the albums you've tagged us in! Please post your album to the Fun4GatorKids Facebook page so we don't miss it!
3. Remember, you MUST have Gabe the Gator in the photo with you! You can print a picture of Gabe here.
Stops in the September Scavenger Hunt
1. Next to a snake at Hogetown Reptile Shop
2. Playing a game at Gamesville Tabletop
3. In front of the big Birthday Cake at Buddy Creations
4. Painting a piece of pottery at Corks and Colors Studio
5. Next to ANY Sun Country logo at Sun Country Sports Center
6. Holding a bowling ball at Splitz Bowling
7. Playing an arcade game at Skate Station
9. Using a 'Cell Phone Coop' at Chick-fil-A Oaks Mall (Don't know what that is? Just ask an employee at the counter!)
10. Do the Gator Chomp with Albert and Alberta (could be the live mascot, could be a statue…it's up to you!) Click here for one suggestion.
11. 'Riding' the train at Depot Park
12. Next to Mars at the Gainesville Solar Walk
13. Posing like a wild animal in front of the Mammoth at the Florida Museum of Natural History
14. Feeding a carrot to a horse at the Retirement Home for Horses at Mill Creek Farm
15. Standing in front of the UF Bat Houses
16. Touching the Cellon Live Oak, Florida's largest live Oak Tree
17. Next to 'Rory the Horse' at the Harn Musuem of Art
18. Getting wet at the Alachua Splash Park
19. Sitting in the canoe at Oaks Mall Swamp playground in Oaks Mall
20. Swinging at Cofrin Nature Park
21. Next to ANY animal Morningside Nature Center – You pick! Stop by any time, or attend one of the programs listed below!
22. Doing your best football player pose at the 'Three Heiman Trophy Winners' Statue on the UF Campus
23. Next to the 'Large Plasma Ball" at the free exhibit in the UF Physics Building
24. Next to a sedimentary rock at the Santa Fe College Rock Cycle Garden
25. In front of your favorite mural at the 34th Street Graffiti Wall
26. With a librarian at one of the Alachua County Public Library Branches
27. Next to a cow at Dudley Farm
28. At the top of the Observation Tower at Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park
29. On the steps at Devil's Millhopper Geological State Park
30. Standing on a boardwalk at Sweetwater Wetlands Park